Western Allegheny Community Library will have standard Federal forms and instructions available estimated mid-February. Other Federal tax forms may be obtained from the IRS website (irs.gov) or by calling 1-800-829-3676. State tax forms and PA property/rent rebate applications are no longer being distributed to libraries. They can be accessed online or by calling 717-787-8201 for tax forms. PA property/rent rebate booklets can be obtained by calling 1-888-222-9190.
Tax forms and copies may be printed at the library at a rate of 25¢ per page for black & white, 50¢ for color. Scanning (25¢ per page) and faxing ($1 per page local, $1.25 long distance) are also available during open hours.
VITA Tax Service
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) volunteers will once again be at the library to complete tax forms for senior citizens and those earning less than $60,000 on Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays from February 3—April 9. This service is free but by appointment only. NO walk-ins will be taken.
Appointments will be taken starting January 13. All interested residents should call the library front desk at 724-695-8150 x1 to schedule an appointment. Please call early to be assured of obtaining an appointment.
VITA Eligibility & Details
VITA Tax Volunteers will be available to fill out PA State and Federal tax forms and PA Property/Rent Rebate. They will not work on prior year's taxes.
You are NOT eligible for VITA if:
- you have property that you rent to someone else
- you own a business or have a limited partnership in a business
- your gross income is more than $60,000
- you have out-of-state returns
Bring the following items to your appointment:
- photo ID (valid driver's license)
- Social Security card and social security numbers of dependents
- W-2's and 1099's
- social security & pension statements
- information for all deductions & credits
- school, county, and municipality property tax receipts or proof of rent paid (for PA property rebate - PA 1000)
- 1095-A (if your health insurance was obtained through the marketplace)
- last year's tax return (paper copy)
- voided check or your checkbook
Please call to cancel if you are not able to keep your appointment. No-shows will NOT be rescheduled.