An update as we enter yellow...
You have likely heard that Allegheny County is entering the "yellow" phase this Friday (May 15), and we're sure you're wondering what this means for your library! Take a look below for updates about what's happening at WACL.
- The library will NOT be reopening to the public at this time. Library staff is currently working to create a plan that will allow us to bring you new, limited library services. Once we receive the frameworks from the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, we will have a better idea of what those services will look like.
- When we do open, you can expect changes in hours and daily operations. In collaboration with CLP and the other county libraries, we will be abiding by all federal, state, and local health guidelines to ensure the safety of our staff and our community. Opening will occur in stages, with contactless curbside pickup to start, followed by limited services within the building. Interlibrary loans and holds will also need to be opened up in stages in order to accommodate the backlog that has accumulated during the county-wide closure.
- Please note that all due dates have been extended through June 15 and no fines will be accrued. Returns in our book drop are allowed, but all materials will be quarantined for a period before being checked in.
- We will announce any changes in services and updated plans as soon as we have them. Join our email list, check our website, or follow us on Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates. As soon as we know what's happening, you'll know too!
- We greatly appreciate your patience and support during this difficult time. It is always our aim to provide materials and services to everyone as best we can, while still ensuring the safety and convenience of all.
- If you have further questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or leave us a message at 724-695-8150 x1 and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We hope to see your smiling faces again soon!
Summer Reading Program launches online!
In the meantime, we are also working on creative ways to provide a Summer Reading Program in our new virtual environment. All ages birth through adult are welcome to join us for virtual programs and a special new online reading tracker for chances to win great prizes! Registration for children's programs begins this Sunday 5/17 at 2 p.m. See our Summer Newsletter for details and join us on Facebook for Kickoff at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday!