First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and observed in libraries across the country each April. All types of libraries - school, public, academic and special - participate.
During the pandemic, library workers continue to exceed their communities' demands and adapt resources and services to meet their users' needs during these challenging times. Whether people visit in person or virtually, libraries offer endless opportunities to transform lives through education and lifelong learning.
Your library has these special events in honor of National Library Week, April 4-10, 2021:
- "Make a Copy Monday" - make up to 10 copies FREE!
- "Take a Book Tuesday" - take one book from our used book shelf FREE!
- "We'll Fax It Wednesday" - fax up to 5 pages FREE!
- "Get It Notarized Thursday" - get one Notary service ($5 value) FREE!
- "Fine Free Friday" - return a late item that day and we'll waive the fines on it when it's checked in (after quarantine)!
This Wednesday, April 7 is also national Library Giving Day! Visit our "Donate" page to learn how you can impact our community in a lasting way. Thank you for your continued support and joining us in this yearly library celebration!